Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vanity is Embarrassing...but it's still not picking your nose

So, after my rant about cubicle etiquette a few days ago, yours truly got busted in a compromising position this afternoon.

There I was, minding my business in my cube. I was wearing really cute shoes; every time I wear them, I marvel at their cuteness. I love these shoes with the bright pink flower print (so much so that I usually email OND just to tell her that I love my shoes, because she gets me like that). I love them so much, that I saw fit to hike up my pants leg and stretch my foot out in front of me. Pointing my toe, rotating my ankle to admire every angle, loving how thin my ankles looked...I glance up to see some techie standing in the entry to my cube, watching me. I quickly pretended to scratch an imaginary itch on my ankle and proceeded to be very busy and important.

I might be vain, but at least I wasn't doing something my mama would be ashamed of.

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! I'm sure my students will catch me doing the same thing when I wear my pink ballet flats with a flower that my BFF bought me!!!
    BTW - I've been caught doing that with my wedding ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always know you understand, my kindred spirit! I, too, catch myself gazing at my engagement ring...usually while driving, which is not good.

    ReplyDelete