Saturday, July 17, 2010

Over or Under. The Battle Rages on in the Haphazard Household

I lost the battle with Cottonelle. I'll admit defeat by minority, but I will not play to popularity. I am an under-roller (shout out to B, even though you don't remember that conversation so many moons ago). I will ignore the popular vote, and maintain dictatorship over toilet paper direction in my own home.

So, on the rare occasion that The Husband is moved to actually replace the roll of toilet paper (rather than just place it on the sink), he does it the opposite way of how I'd do it...on purpose. In fact, TH thinks it's funny to switch the direction of the rolls of toilet paper just to irritate me. He enjoys this so much, his coworkers love to tease me about it at firm events. Obviously, his anal wife is office fodder. This does not help his situation in the least.

Today, I'd had it. I'm a tad OCD, and I like things just so. So, after a day spent cleaning MY house, I found my husband in all of his hilarity had switched the roll I had just replaced. I strode out of the powder room and calmly poured myself a glass of wine. Then I sat on the couch and informed The Husband that for every time that he intentionally pisses me off via toilet paper, I will hide one of his dress socks. It is yours truly, after all, that does the laundry.

He thinks I'm kidding.

Game on, Lover. Game fucking on.


No comments:

Post a Comment