Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Husband, the Prankster

My husband fancies himself something of a prankster. I recently learned that he gets this from his parents, who joyfully torture each other by hiding sandspurs in each other's undergarments. I know, right? Crazy, but funny. When I found out about those hijinx, I had much more respect for the in-laws.

Today when The Husband got out of bed to take a shower, I asked him to leave the water on for me when he was done. He forgot, so I asked him to turn it back on. I stepped in to find that he had turned the water to the coldest setting.

"Funny, Husband! Really fucking funny, you son of a whore!" I screeched from the shower. {Note: I love my mother-in-law, but one of my favorite pet names for the hubs is "son of a whore." It just rolls off of the tongue.}

A few minutes later, I get another blast of freezing water.

Apparently, my dearest saw fit to journey into the guest bathroom and flush the toilet just for shits and giggles.

I love him. And I will pay him back in kind when he least expects it...perhaps on the morning he has a big client meeting. Because nothing says "I love you and good luck" like a freezing cascade of water.

1 comment:

  1. My husband always teases me like that, and it drives me crazy! After being married for five years, I still don't try to "get back at him." I think I need to learn to be a prankster!

    ReplyDelete