Friday, October 2, 2009

Feigning Ignorance and the Modern Marriage

The Husband does not open his mail. This drives me batty, because I can't stand clutter on any surface. And anyway, who doesn't open their mail?

The growing pile of paper on our kitchen counter has been driving me crazy. Nagging has become part of our nightly routine. While The Husband plays games on his crackberry (my friend Haley famously flushed her husband's down the toilet and I'm about to follow suit), I stand with hands-on-hips and say, "Have you opened your mail today?"

He doesn't stop his all important game, but says, "I didn't see any mail, where did you put it?"

It is in the same place I have put it every day that we have lived together.

1 comment:

  1. You are a better wife than me! I would've sorted through that mail by now. My poor husband has no idea if he even receives mail at our house. He doesn't care, though. Oh, and I don't open his b-day cards.

    ReplyDelete