Monday, August 31, 2009

Hello Fall!

OK, not really. We live in the South (and yes, we capitalize that), and any one who's lived in the South knows that fall doesn't really happen until late October. From April to October, we pretty much live in the type of humidity that encourages one not leave the comfort of central air if at all possible.

Today, it is 73 degrees and rainy. I love it. I have been praying for rain for the last month. If for nothing else, then just to give my retinas a break from the constant, abusive sunshine. Don't get me wrong; I'm a summer girl. One of my favorite lyrics is from Badly Drawn Boy: You're a summer child, and I am winter mild; I can't stay with the heat as you blossom out around me. I've always been a "summer child," but God, I've been longing for the crisp, cooler days of autumn.

The Boy is loving this weather, too. He's already had three walks today, and he's probably going to get another. I know this is just a brief taste of fall, but I think it will tide me over until the real thing is here. 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should move up north by me . . autumn starts beginning to mid October around here!

    ReplyDelete