Sunday, September 20, 2009

The anniversary of my MRS degree

One year ago, I became a wife.



Five things I love about my husband:
  • He knows he married a psychopath, but doesn't seem to mind
  • He promised to always take care of me, and so far he has
  • When he laughs really hard, I laugh really hard, because he's funny looking when he laughs really hard
  • He seems to like just doing nothing with me
  • He hasn't left me yet
Five things that drive me nuts about my husband:
  • He never puts his shit away
  • He is a remote control Nazi. Who died and made him king of the TV?
  • He encroaches on my side of the bed in the middle of the night and I want to punch him in the throat
  • His clothes rarely hit the hamper. I don't understand this phenomenon because the hamper is in the closet where he undresses.
  • He watches way too many Sylvester Stallone movies
Five things I've learned from marriage:
  • Most of the time, if I want something done right (or at all) I have to do it myself
  • I'm not always right. I have a hard time believing this, but apparently it is true
  • Sitting on the couch and watching The Soup is actually a fun way to spend a weekend night
  • I've learned to pick my battles
  • I got damn lucky

2 comments:

  1. I think this is my favorite post so far!!!!
    What a beautiful bride you were!!

    My favorite memory . . . you and the Husband making out after the ceremony in the church kitchen while the wedding party was waiting in a hallway of the church wondering what to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, OND, we were NOT making out. We were looking at each other saying, "OMG, we are married!" Then we were wondering where you all were! Apparently, the party didn't listen to direction! :)

    ReplyDelete